Here we shall discuss about homeopathy treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis online and what is the homeopathy medicine of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
In homeopathy treatment there are some excellent medicine for Ankylosing Spondylitis but before the homeopathy treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis online you will have to know the cause of Ankylosing Spondylitis and what homeopathy says about Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
Ankylosing Spondylitis is a kind of arthritis which particularly affects the spine and later other parts of the body, including joints, tendons and eyes.
It is also called ‘bamboo spine’ in the advanced stages when the joints and muscles of the back bone fuse and looks like a bamboo stick. Click to read on Causes of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
It usually starts at the age of 23 and is more common in males.
WHAT HAPPENS IN ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS
- Pain in a part of spine or whole back
- Backache radiating to hips and knees
- Inflammation of muscles attached to bone
- Inflammation of the eyes in 40% of people
WHAT CAN ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS LEAD TO?
- Fusion of each vertebra, leading to stiff spine with hump on the back
- Compression of surrounding nerves giving rise to pain and permanent disability
- Also affects heart, lungs, kidneys, eyes and colon
- Compression fractures due to weakened bones
HOW WELL HOMOEPATHY WORKS IN ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS
- Homeopathic Treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis reduces the speed of degeneration and strengthens muscles and bones.
- Treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis works by balancing the vitality of the individual by prescribing a remedy which is most suitable to his or her constitution.
- We have many medicines for Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Are you having a recurrent back pain since many years which is not getting treated with your regular conventional medicines?
Do you feel that constant, nagging pain that is preventing you from bending, jogging and driving?
If this condition is increasing day by day, you could be having Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Ankylosing spondylitis is a condition where there is a chronic inflammation of the axial skeleton with involvement of peripheral joints and non-articular structures.
It usually starts at the age of 22-25 years, worsens gradually and eventually leads to fusion of spine.
The primary symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis involve the spine.
- Symptoms usually start gradually and the disease can actually take 8 to 10 years to develop fully
- Chronic pain and stiffness in the centre of the spine or the whole spine are the main symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- The pain may radiate to buttocks or thighs.
Certain other symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis include:
- Uveitis, i.e. inflammation of the anterior chamber of the eye with redness and eye pain. This causes the patient to experience floaters in eyes and intolerance to light.
- Chest pain and generalized fatigue.
- Calcaneal spurs may also develop.
- Inflammation of aorta, apical lung fibrosis and distension of the sacral nerve root sheaths may occur.
The causes of this condition are unknown.
HLA- B27 gene is said to be involved in risk of developing Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Joints such as hip and knees become severely inflamed with destructive changes. Enthesitis
- This is the painful inflammation at and around points of attachment of tendon/ligament to bone. Common sites are top of the shin bone, behind and under the heel, and ends of ribs.
- Enthesitis at the ribs can cause chest pain and difficulty in breathing
Osteoporosis and Fractures
- Osteoporosis of the spine may occur.
- Damaged and weakened bones break easily causing compression fractures, especially vertebral bones causing a hump on the back.
- Inflammation of the aorta and aortic valve can cause Aortic Regurgitation.
- There is an increased risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- Chest wall stiffness can cause breathing difficulties.
- Scarring of lung tissues (fibrosis) can also increased the risk of developing lung infections.
- Inflammation of eyes causing eye pain, oversensitivity to light and blurred vision.
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT of Ankylosing Spondylitis online
Medicines in homeopathic treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis have great power to control the inflammatory changes in bone and connective tissue surrounding them and restrict the degenerative process of the disease.
Homeopathic treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis helps by:
- Strengthening the muscles of back and controlling the pain
- Reducing the genetic impact of HLA-B27
- Making bones stronger
- Preventing other organs from being affected
- Reducing the intensity and progress of the disease
Most importantly, homeopathic treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis can prevent you from the complications that could follow the disease.
Homeopathic treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis has more than 50 remedies to control the disease, some of them include
- Sleep on a firm mattress.
- Keep your back straight when working on a bench, table, ironing board, etc.
- Keep a cushion behind the lower back when sitting in a chair or while driving.
- Never bend at the waist to lift objects from floor. You can kneel or bend at the knees.
- Regular back strengthening exercises can make a huge difference to the prognosis. Lie face down on the floor with hands behind your back. Now raise your hands and shoulders off the floor, forming your back into an arch. Count three. Lower head and shoulders. Relax while you count ten. Repeat this for about 10 times.
- Get a back massage once in a week.
- Relaxation techniques, yoga and meditation help.
- Avoid sudden movements of the back.
- Do not use very thick pillows while sleeping.
- Avoid running, jumping as they may aggravate the symptoms.
- Do not lift heavy weights.
DIET and NUTRITION
Although there is a strong genetic link associated with the onset of Ankylosing Spondylitis, it is still better to follow a healthy diet to reduce the sufferings and control the disease in its initial stages.
FOODS TO INCLUDE:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: found in flax seeds, soya bean, walnuts, brussels sprouts, fish. They are known to reduce the activity and inflammation of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Fruits and Vegetables: When taken in the fresh form, they provide adequate vitamins and minerals, improve bone strength and overall immunity.
- Whole Food and Grains: Ankylosing Spondylitis tends to affect the liver, heart and other important organs too, so it is advisable to have more of fiber found in whole wheat, brown rice, whole oats, etc.
FOODS TO AVOID:
- Processed Food: Preserved, canned and frozen foods should ideally be avoided as they tend to flare up the inflammation.
- Refined Food: Junk foods usually comprise of refined flour and refined sugar and should be absolutely avoided.
- Caffeine: Caffeinated drinks, beverages like tea, coffee, soft drinks, etc. are bad for the bones as well as overall health. Eliminate them from your diet.
- Soda/Aerated Drinks: They are also very harmful as the phosphoric acid found in them tends to leach out calcium from bones and interfere with calcium metabolism.